Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 8: An Open Grateful Heart



Hello Team Gratitude,
Together, we have completed our first week of gratitude! I hope and pray that you have been as uplifted over the last 7 days as I have been.  Thanksgiving is only 3 weeks away now, and there are so many gifts to continue to be thankful for!

If you have been struggling to get to your daily gratitude journal writing, fear not, you still have 21 days to write.  Truly, the writing and reflecting have been the most powerful experience for me.  I sleep better after writing, and I wake up with a fresh, positive perspective.  I cannot encourage you enough to continue your writing or just start it if you have not done so yet.  For me, the easiest way to remember is to set an alarm on my phone. Every night at 9:30, my phone rings with the beautiful sound of “Bell Tower” and the words “There is so much to be thankful for!” come up on my screen.  Also, in case I don’t sit down right at 9:30 to write, I put the journal on my pillow so I have to touch it in order to go to bed.  A few minutes of quiet reflecting and writing can make a huge impact on your night and the next day (and beyond). 

Also, I love, love, love the quote and picture above!  The joy on the little girl’s face just warms my heart and makes me smile too.  Today, take a moment, walk outside and open your arms to the sky, letting the joy and peace of gratitude fill your heart, body, and soul!

Gratefully your friend,

 Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment