Friday, November 23, 2012

Day 30: Thanks-Living

Hello Team Gratitude,

I am still recovering from my turkey-coma, but WOW, yesterday was such a beautiful and blessed Thanksgiving! I hope that you too had a wonderful celebration of gratitude. 

Today is Day 30 of our 30 day Month of Gratitude Challenge.  In wrapping up this amazing journey, I again want to thank all of you for your friendship and support.  Team Gratitude started with just me and my crazy idea of challenging myself to be more grateful, and it ended with over 80 people joined together in living out an “attitude of gratitude”.  What a blessing! There have been some real challenges in my life recently, but my grateful heart over the past four weeks has helped me in ways that I never dreamed possible.  I hope that your heart has been filled with gratitude and peace throughout this journey as well.

I recently heard this quote, “Thanksgiving is one day, Thanks-Living is all year long.” As we go forward, I challenge all of us to live a life of thanks and gratitude everyday, embracing the concept of “Thanks-Living”.   Keep writing in your gratitude journal if and when you can.  Continue seeking ways to compliment instead of complain. Maintain your words of encouragement for yourself and others.  Stay focused on your blessings.  And continue to look at life with a grateful heart.  “Thanks-Living” begins today and never has to end! Live it, love it, embrace it, trust it, grow in it, and be changed by it: THANKS-LIVING is everyday!

Several of you have asked me if I will continue to send out some uplifting messages after our 30 days have ended.  In an effort to continue my own Thanks-Living and hopefully encourage yours, I will send out periodic messages to the Team when inspiration hits me.  It will not be every day, but hopefully a few times a month if it is ok with you.

I also wanted to throw an idea out to all of you on Team Gratitude…. If anyone feels that this journey has created in you a grateful heart that you want to share with others, I would love to have a group of Team Gratitude Co-Authors.  Do you feel a calling to write or simply share your gratitude with others on the team?  If so, send me a message, and I would love to create a mini-team of inspirational co-authors who can share their blessings with the team throughout our year of Thanks-Living. 

I will continue to pray for all of you and give thanks daily for the amazing family and friends in my life! May today and everyday be a beautiful and blessed day of “Thanks-Living”!

Your truly grateful friend,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment