Friday, October 26, 2012

Day 2: Show Gratitude


Day 2: Show Gratitude

Hello Team Gratitude!
I hope that you are having a beautiful, blessed Friday! So how did it go with your first entry in your Gratitude Journal yesterday? Even though my day had seemed a bit crazy yesterday (what else is new :), when I sat down to write my “gratitudes”, my pen did not want to stop!  From the small sweet moments with my children to the beauty of a breathtaking sunset, I truly feel so grateful for my life! I also felt like I slept better last night, with positive thoughts of my day surrounding me, and I woke with a refreshed outlook on the day. I hope and pray that you are experiencing similar joys!
Today I challenge you to show your gratitude to the wonderful people around you! Here are a few simple ways that you can put your gratitude into action.  See if you can do one or more of these today or over the weekend:
5 Simple but Powerful Ways to Show Gratitude:

1.      Write a note of gratitude to your child, spouse, coworker, neighbor, or friend and put is somewhere that they will find it during their day (lunchbox, car window, computer screen, front porch).  State something specific that you are grateful for in your relationship with them.

2.      Say a heartfelt thank you to your mailman, garbage collector, bank teller, or grocery clerk. Look them in the eye and tell them something specific that they did to make your day a little better.

3.      Send a thank you note, email, or text to someone who has made a positive impact on your life, giving examples of why you are grateful for them. 

4.      Do someone a free favor. Without them asking and expecting anything in return, do something nice for someone who has been kind to you.  Buy them coffee and drop it at their work, cook a meal for their family, offer to run an errand, anything they’d really appreciate.

5.       Give a heartfelt hug to someone you love! Often we can go too long without showing our affection, but it is a crucial part of our loving relationships. Tell them how much you love them and say thank you for a specific thing the person has done for you.

Keep appreciating, keep writing, keep living the grateful life!
Your Thankful Friend,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment